This is project sophia, and I’m glad to finally have it cut. Its not perfect, but its mine. and its free.
I started this project after my old laptop started dying. I used it to work so i need a new one. I had no money to buy a good laptop but i had for a decent desktop computer, so I bought processor, motherboard, ram and A SSD, gather some used part my pals had lying around and build my own desktop.
But the case was really old and ugly. yeah that red one that looks like a car
I would buy another one but all the cases I liked where really expansive here where I live, and I’m a broke univesity student with internet and I quickly got to know casemod and overclock.net forum where a lot of people make their own cases. and then this project begun.
I’m Caique Guerra, a product design student at UNESP in Brazil. This is a project I made for myself and people like me, who wants more personality in pc cases, enjoy DIY and open source projects and maybe dont have money for fancy parts and a good looking case.
I’ll add here a link to this version of Project Sophia so anyone can cut it at a local fablab or laser cut.
Specs of Project Sophia 1.0
- Micro-Atx form factor
- 5 expansion ports
- 2 3.5 HDD, or 5 2.5 HDD or SSD
- 1 ssd on the back side of the motherboard support (opitional)
- 2 ssd spots on the psu shroud
- dual chamber design
- suport for 3 120mm (two on the front, 1 on the back) or
- support for 2x 140mm and 1x 120mm.
- radiator support (needs testing)
- uses only 3mm mdf or acriclics.
- opitional window
- its open source so you can make it fit your needs 🙂
If You liked it, Show your support 🙂